Saturday, October 15, 2005

Prayers for Melissa and Patti

These two wonderful persons were members of a church I pastored several
years ago. Please remember them in your prayers.

PATTI WILLIAMS

I'm leaving for Africa this morning and this will be your last prayer
request update until I get back. Sorry, this one is so delayed, but it
has been a wild two week.  I did sit for both exams Mon & Tues and
passed.  Yeah God!  Roger and I got moved (barely) from the hotel to our
house.  We stayed here last night.  I covet your prayers for me as I
begin this adventure.  

MELISSA PROCTOR

I just wanted to tell you about an amazing opportunity God has brought
my way.  Next week, Oct. 17-23,  I am planning to travel to just outside
Montego Bay, Jamaica for a mission trip.  While Jamaica is known for its
beautiful resorts and tropical beaches, just outsides these touristy
areas, live people who are beyond poor: both financially and
spiritually.

The Jamaican people live in fear of the spirits around them.  Voodoo and
witchcraft are prominent among even those who confess Christ as Savior. 
Physically, the situation is equally desperate.  During my time there, I
will be working at an orphanage.  There are approximately 60 children
there, most orphans due to the impact of HIV/AIDS.  The orphanage is
painfully understaffed.  While there, I will be working with others from
the USA on basic maintenance and upkeep on the physical property,
participating in Children's Bible School, and relieving the nurses by
helping with the children.

I am humbly asking for your help.  Please pray for me and the others
while we are there.  Specific prayer requests include: 

· Safety while traveling, this will be the longest flight I've ever been
on.  I know  it's not that far, but it's the farthest I've been :)

· Safety while there, the island of Jamaica is characterized by
violence. 
· Opportunity for sharing the gospel:  Pray that God will allow me
opportunities for  
sharing Christ's love with others and for the boldness to take the
opportunities  speak the Truth in love.
· Just this year alone, three hurricanes swept over Jamaica and have
damaged the  building.  Pray that our repairs will be as professional as
possible and effective.
· Pray for the others who will joining me there.  I am going alone, so
pray that God 
will use this as a time to fellowship and bond with other Christians.

Please, above all, pray for the children and adults that we will be
ministering to.  Pray that they would be able to feel and sense the love
of Christ and that the 
Holy Spirit would intercede and convict, convince and consecrate their
hearts to 
Christ.

Thank you so much for sharing in what God is doing in my life.  My first
year and a half at school has been beyond description.  I have learned
so much, not just academically but experientially, about our Lord's
love, faithfulness, providence, and plan for my life.  If you have any
questions please let me know:  My cell phone is 615-804-4956 and my
e-mail is mproctor227@sbtsstudents.net

In His Service,  Melissa Proctor 

I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness
to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive
forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith
in me.
Acts 26:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home