Sunday, January 01, 2006

January 1, 2006

Scripture for the year: Micah 6:6-8, Isaiah 61

What does the Lord require of you? "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

"Still night. Warm and rainy. This year I have to get back to right order, and really make my meditation etc. what they ought to be. Actually my prayer life has not been bad but not good either."

(LEARNING TO LOVE THE JOURNALS OF THOMAS MERTON Volume Six 1966-1967, page 181. Merton wrote this on January 1, 1967.)

What is one thing I need to get back to this year? (Wayne Burns)

Subject: More Time for Silent Prayer

What is the one thing that I might work on this year? More time for silence in the presence of God. Perhaps getting up a little earlier might be a help. Other things crowd in and lessen the time for prayer.Today,I began with a solitary walk in the predawn light. Part of me wants to chant praise and another part says' Be still.' Over and over, I heard "Lord, one day in Thy courts is better than thousands elsewhere." Happy New Year in His grace. (Don Brennan)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home