Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Have Mercy

In my praying sometimes I do not do very well. Maybe I become too consumed about myself, or my emotional energy goes in the wrong direction, or I simply do not know what to say, or pray. Sure I have my daily prayer list and to go over it often brings much pain; the abused wife, the deaths of loved ones, the illnesses that so
often afflict friends and relatives, and the hopelessness carried by so many. It is often too overwhelming to me. So how do I respond? At such times I put a small pillow on the floor, turn my chair around and pray over and over, "'Lord, have mercy on me !" Sounds selfish doesn't it? But, at least it is real. I don't know what to feel, or say, or do. Maybe God can help me.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU CAN'T PRAY?

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Desert Pilgrim said...

Pray the Scriptures.
Blessings,
~Desert Pilgrim

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU CAN'T PRAY.....Go to Him with the wordless love...with the faith that tells Him 'I cannot pray'...with the hope that He will surely understand...with the love that needs not the words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home