Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New Camaldoli Monastery - A Private Retreat


New camaldoli monastery
Originally uploaded by brotherdan44.


Recently, on our vacation trip through Big Sur, we went to the New Calmaldi Monastery in Big Sur. What beautiful scenery. I went to the chapel and said a prayer, ventured through the bookstore, seeing titles by Thomas Merton, Bebe Griffiths, and audio tapes by by Sister Jose Hobday. I never saw another person, although I heard faint murmurings in the background. I especially liked the chapel. Recently I found this article about a retreat that Augusto Andres took there. It is very good. Maybe someday I can make a retreat there.

For more information about New Calmaldoli go here. There are only THREE of these monasteries in the United States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home