Wednesday, November 29, 2006

When words Don't Come

In preparing for winter, I often find myself speechless. Words are empty
of meaning. I just seek the solitude. And yes Christmas is on the way. I
love the lights, and Christmas songs, and surprises, and parties, and
secret Santa's. One of the fun things is to travel in our area and see
Christmas lights. Yes, we know where the best are and see them again and
again. George Jones, the country singer, has had more to do with
Christmas than anyone. In every place he has lived people have tried to
keep up with his lights at Christmas. None has succeeded. I love to see
his decorated house each Christmas. And I go to neighborhoods where he
has lived and the tradition continues. Yeah Christmas !

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At Christmas, I try and forget the hoopla. I think of it as the start of my year, a chance to walk again from His birth in Bethelem to Calvary. To hear the gospels again and find new meaning.
I was walking my dog Lucy tonight and found myself humming Silent Night. " Silent Night,Holy Night, all is calm "
We need some calmness this time of year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home