Friday, May 18, 2007

Temple

St. Paul's is wonderful. Ate at Crypt Cafe, among the tombstones, at St.
Paul's, near Wren's Tomb. Followed with a trip down Fleet Street to the
Temple of DaVinci Code fame. It was closed for a wedding. Tons of
tourist groups surrounding it.

Someone wrote and asked about the spiritual condition of people in
London. I am not sure I am a good gage of the spiritual condition. The
evangelical church had a meaningful attendance and seemed to be a part
of a big prayer revival which culminates in London.

The Catholic church, Westminister Cathedral, was full for mass. The
larger churches have 3 to 5 services most days. I saw many people
kneeling and praying. The communion service we attended at St. Pauls was
meaningful to us, a sense of the Lord's presence.

It reminded me of Saint Paul at Athens and the inscription to the
unknown God. Like the U.S. Commercialization seems to be the God of
choice. Movies are big, the movie stars are like goddesses. Every
newspaper is full of them as they trace steps to the newest midnight
party.

Oh well, one meal to go. I am homesick. When I return I want to go see a
movie and get a bag of buttered popcorn. Also I want to go to Longhorn
Steakhouse for a filet, see The family and animals. Tomorrow will be a
big day, mostly in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home