Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spirituality Thoughts

WHAT IS THE SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE?


WHO CARES?
“Who is there in all the world who listens to us? Here I am – this is me in my nakedness, with my wounds, my secret grief, my despair, my betrayal, my pain, which I can’t express, my terror, my abandonment. Oh listen to me for a day, an hour, a moment lest I expire in my terrible wilderness, my lonely silence. Oh God, is there no one to listen?
Seneca
KEY QUESTIONS
• Illness requires us to confront our mortality.
• Illness requires us to confront lack of control of our lives.
• Illness requires for us to change the conditions in which we live.
• Illness brings forth other issues to the forefront, including relationship, finances, and hope.

SPIRITUALITY is that part of people that seeks meanings, connection, and love. Spirituality is the part of a person that yearns for hope in the midst of despair, for forgiveness in the midst of anger and hurt, and for a sense of connection and love in the midst of isolation. It seeks to answer the question of who we are.

WHAT IS RELIGION

It is a set of beliefs that explain what life is all about, who we are, and the most important things that human beings should spend their time doing.

WHERE DOES PRAYER STAND? DOES IT HELP?