Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jim Forest.First day ...Reflection

My first day off, preparing for. retirement. I sit outside with Aidend and Cuddles. It is partly cloudy and 66 degrees.
I am reading The Ladder of the Beautitudes by Jim Forest. I bought the book last night at St. ELIZABETH'S Orthodox. Church in Murfreesboro TN.  Jim was the speaker. He spoke on Christianity in a world of Conflict. It was a meaningful and moving experience for me.
Some of his quotes:
What does Jesus mean about love? How we care for each other.

Whenever you pray for someone there is a connection.

God does not need our advice.

Essence of sin is fear of the other which is rejection of God.

We are made in the image of God. There is no such thing as a completely evil person.

Life goal---the attempt to love one's enemy .

Things to think about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home