Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Going to Michigan -- Answered Prayer

I sent the following letter to my boss this morning:

My wife, Janet, has bad headaches. She has had a constant headache for over 10 years. She has been to everyone imaginable, including the best headache Doctor's in Nashville. In recent weeks they have gotten progressively worse, a rating of a 9 on a scale of 10. She is having a difficult time functioning at this point.

Her neurologist has requested to send her to the Michigan Head and Pain Neurological Clinic. We are still struggling with our insurance company over this one (and have been for several weeks), but we should know today (hopefully) if it will be approved. If it is approved it means she will go to Ann Arbor, Michigan, and be in the hospital for 3 weeks.

My plans are at best tenative now for time I will need to take off. My basic plan is to take this Thursday off for Thanksgiving, work Friday, and if she does go in the hospital next week--or the week after-- I will drive her to Michigan and stay with her for the first week. I will then fly home and go back and drive her home.

She has a brother near her in Michigan and they will be a help during this period of uncertainty.

As I know further details I will let you know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS AFTERNOON WE RECEIVED APPROVAL FOR HER TO GO FOR the time needed. To my blogging friends I would appreciate your prayers for healing during this time. It has been a difficult period for our lives and we certainly feel "the approval for her to go is a direct answer to prayer." Thanks in advance for your prayers. Hopefully the Sidekick 2 will work in Michigan and I can still blog.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
I have been reading your notes for just about a week and want you to know how much I enjoy them. I came across them while searching for information regarding Thomas Merton so it was a real pleasure to land at your site. I always find something that helps me. Most recently it was your recommendation for a short retreat.

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers and hope you will keep me in yours. I will be having surgery in about two weeks.
God Bless You.
Bob

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Bob thanks so much for the note. We will appreciate your prayers. Will pray for you and hope your surgery goes well.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Christy Amular said...

Hi Dan,

I'm praying for you and for Janet. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home