Monday, February 28, 2005

Tres Dias Weekend

Tres Dias Weekend

It has been a busy, exhausting few days. I do not sleep well duringthese weekends. It is such a full schedule, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. eachday, with only minor 10 to 15 minute breaks.

Given a choice between three days here or 3 days at a monastery, I would take the Abbey, mainly because one is not so rushed or overloaded with spiritual things. At the Abbey there is more time for reflection, time to read a book from the library, and most importantly --the silence.

But from a changing lives perspective, Tres Dias takes honors in that category. Something happens that is "miracle" in its nature and people's lives are forever changed. So I am getting back in the swing of things.

Here is another view of the peach seed monkey I spoke of at the retreat.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger K. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger K. said...

Are ladies allowed?

One of these days, I am going to a retreat like this...(http://edge.net/~dphillip/Abbey.html) Every time I read about it, I get a knot in the pit of my stomach... Kind of like a home-sick feeling.

A friend from church accused me of having hermit tendencies last week. I take that as a compliment!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Yes, women are allowed at the monastery on every other weekend. Women are also allowed at Tres Dias.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home