Tuesday, April 05, 2005

EVENING

Finally got a glimpse of rest late this afternoon after getting home from work. It has been so busy lately. Two babies died and I am planning a memorial service for them. I had to tell a man in poor health that his Mother had died. A man going for surgery requests my presence at 6 a.m. causing me to have to go to work an hour and a half early.

From Psalm 23: I am speaking tomorrow on PROVISION.(vs. 1 - I shall not want).

In Time of Need God provides: Nourishment (vs.2 - Green Pastures), Quiet Rest (beside the still waters), Restoration (vs. 3 - he restores my soul), Guidance (vs.3 - He guides me in paths of righteousness), and HIS PRESENCE (vs. 4 - For thou art with me during the valley of the shadow of death. Brother that will preach.

I always love a quick sermon like that. When Clyde Francisco was teaching us Jeremiah in seminary, every Friday he would say, "Now, I know many of you will not have the opportunity to study like you need to for Sunday's Sermon, so here is an outline that will preach." So PROVISION PSALM 23 will PREACH !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home