Tuesday, March 29, 2005

MY SPIRITUAL WALK

Attending Wednesday Chapel services is a special time for many of us. Recently, someone wrote to me about what that were getting out of the Wednesday Chapel services.

"When I attended Wednesdays, I felt better, I don't know why, but I always felt God saw me there. Afterwards, I would think about the sermon and write down what I got out of it. I'm sharing this because tomorrow is my last day at work."

(Here are the lessons she learned during the weekly chapel service)

MY SPIRITUAL WALK

Week 1 - Get your heart and mind straight. God will not bless you with your desire until he knows you are ready for that desire.
*I want a child, but am I responsible, am I patient, compassionate and a healthy example of a Christian for my child?

Week 2 - Be in the right place for God to find you. He has a better chance of finding you in Godly places than he does in ungodly places.
*What am I doing with my life so that God can find me?

Week 3 - Does God have your attention or does he have to yell?
*I should give him praise, often talk with him so that he doesn't have to get my attention in another way.

Week 4 - Pray with patient and persistence. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, and knock and the door will open.
*I must pray and then put action behind the prayer.

Week 5 - What a friend we have in Jesus.
*Every friendship endures through storms and grows through hardships.

Week 6 - Advent means waiting. What to do while you are waiting is to pray and have God lift your spirit and praise.
*I must pray and have faith.

Week 7 - Family Heirlooms. Instead of thinking of them as objects, what characteristics do you leave behind?
*Your laughter? Your kindness?

Not a bad testimonial for chapel service, right? What about the services you attend each week. What do you get out of them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home