Wednesday, January 25, 2006

BECOMING A FLAME

BECOMING A FLAME - A WEDNESDAY CHAPEL SERMON

My father, an enlightened spirit, believed in man.
My grandfather, a fervent Hasid, believed in God.
The one taught me to speak, the other to sing.
Both loved stories.
And when I tell mine, I hear their voices.
whispering from beyond the silenced storm,
They are what links the survivor to their memory.
(Elie Wiesel)

One of final acts of Paul’s life is a letter written to
Timothy. (2 Timothy 1:1-6)

NOTE THE TENDERNESS IN HIS WORDS:

HE REMEMBERED HIS LOVE FOR TIMOTHY
Timothy, my dear son.
I thank God for you, as night and day I
constantly remember you in my prayers.
(Is there anyone you constantly remember in
prayer?)

A REMEMBRANCE: SHARED TOUGH TIMES
Recalling your tears, I long to see you.
"We shared a lot of salt together," someone
once said to describe their difficult moments
together.

REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY
The sincere faith that was in Lois, Timothy’s
Grandmother and in his mother Eunice and in
Him.

(The greatest thing we can share with our family
is our faith !!)

AN IMPORTANT NOTE OF WISDOM
The most profound word of advice Paul gave
ever gave to Timothy.

"Fan into flame the gift of God.!"

1. Fire gives warmth

Fire may be the greatest invention of all times.
The Rule of Saint Benedict:
"All guests to the monastery should be
welcomed as Christ, because He will
say, "I was a stranger, and you took me in."
We should give warmth to all be persons we meet.


2. Fires attract’s attention
John Williams had a weiner roast for our SS Class.
He cut down a tree and set it on fire. It was so
hot we had to crawl on our knees to heat the hot
dog. An later, the fire department had to come to
put out the fire it grew so great.

3. Fire gives guidance

One is the most powerful number in the universe: One song
Can inspire a broken heart; one word can encourage a
Doubting spirit; one sermon can save a life; one light can
brighten a darkened path.


THE DESERT FATHERS – I LOVE THEM

"Abba Lot went to see Abba Joseph and said to him,
Abba, as far as I can I say my little office, I fast a
Little, I pray and meditate, I live in peace and as far
As I can, I purify my thoughts. What else can I do?"
Then the old man stood up and stretched his hands
towards heaven. His fingers became like ten lamps
Of fire and he said to him,

IF YOU WILL, YOU CAN BECOME ALL FLAME !!

You think about that !!! Become a flame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home