Thursday, February 09, 2006

Flight Journal to Phoenix


Flight Journal to Phoenix
Originally uploaded by brotherdan44.
Flight Journal



A journey is a turning point. We are subject to new winds. The horizon

is deep blue. I am lost in a compartment of thought, of hazardous

journeys, unbidden sorrows, of wrecked lives that I fumble and twist

with in hopes of bringing meaning.



"There is something hidden go find it !" says the voice. The window is

full of creme colored clouds. "Everytime we leave home and go to another

place, we open up the possibility of having something wonderful happen

to us," says the prophet.



I drink coke classic, eat a feast of crackers, listen to Sinatra sing

"I've got you under my skin" and read about the Laser monks at the

Cistercian Abbey of Our Lady of Spring Bank in rural Wisconsin. They

sell ink cartages and have an online click check for online prayers.

So why not try lasermonks.com?



More peanuts are on the way ! I take a bite of fig newton. I hate fig

newtons. A man beside us heads to Phoenix to see his daughter and seven

grandchildren and a 16 year old grandson who throws a baseball at 90

miles per hour.



The trip grows cloudy. Night falls. The flight takes 3 hours and 33

minutes. Welcome to "the valley of the sun." Next stop Surprise.

Arizona.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is something hidden ,go find it!",says the voice.(From Brother Dan`s flight journal to Phoenix)

Other Voices

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.

I believe in love when feeling it not.

I believe in God even when He is silent.

A inscription on a wall in a cellar in Cologne,Germany,where Jews hid from Nazis

Anthony Palevo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home