Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blank Spaces

I have hit a non-communicative period. I seem to have nothing to say. Nothing seems to register. Anyway, all I have is today's sermon I am preaching titled, "Companions on the Journey." It is composed of just notes so hope you can read between the lines or add your own lines.


COMPANIONS ON THE JOURNEY

Choose five people to go to Mars with.

MY MOM WHEN SHE WAS DYING—Companion on the Journey

When we think of Companions on the Journey we most often think of mates, or friends, or family relationships.

The chief question is: WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON? AND WHY DO THEY EXIST?


THEY BRING JOY TO OUR LIVES.

Companions nourish our heart, mind, and soul, and body. They are also the people with whom we can celebrate the sharing of Bread. (Jesus: The Last Supper – do this in remembrance of me.)

Family: My Louisana cousins we call The Gooney Birds…..when I talk to my Aunt I say, “And how are the gooney birds doing?” An indication of the good times we have had together.

THEY FORGIVE US WHEN WE DO WRONG

Most relationships have fragile points. I bet none of us have ever had such a perfect relationship that we never disagree on something. PP: There is always a broken relationship with those in the pavillion.

Ps.51 – David had a broken relationship with God! “Have mercy on me. Blot out my transgressions.”

Legitimate Prayer: A relationship to be mended.

(Lets just not say anything, lets start at zero)

THEY STAND BY US WHEN EVERYONE DESERTS US

Apostle Paul in the last letter he writes in the Bible says, “Demas, because he loved this world has deserted me…….ONLY LUKE IS WITH ME.

Sometimes I sit by dying people who have no one. But I always think. How Sad !!

EXAMPLE: THE STRAIGHT STORY…LYLE AND ALVIN. ALVIN GOES TO SEE HIS BROTHER AND RIDES HIS LAWNMOWER FOR 6 WEEKS TO MAKE AMENDS.
What about us. The lesson today is: “Who are your companions on the journey? But more importantly, who are you a companion to? You think about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home