Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When You Can't Pray

PRAYER WHEN YOU CAN'T PRAY...................Comes to all of us...a time when we know we need to speak to God and the words are not coming. Then, perhaps, He is asking us for a silent trust...wordless waiting...silence that is
patient ...intention that reaches up to God. I know a person with ALS...when I pray for him, I cup my hands together and visualize that I am putting him and all his needs in the wounded hands of Christ. Sometimes, I will look at my list of people to pray for and say: Lord, You know each one better than I...I entrust each to
You...design a special unique grace for each one today. Love that is deep often does not find words to express it...only presence with the beloved...don brennan

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU CAN'T PRAY.....Remember the times when you were so moved that you couldn't speak? Sometimes, it is like that with our approach to God. Maybe, just maybe, He is glad to 'hear' our silence...the awe that is wordless...the emptyness that is full of the Presence of God...the silence wherein the deepest part of self reaches up to God...and, I am sure, He reaches down. anon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home