Saturday, July 08, 2006

Silence of a Saturday Morning

It is interesting how many hits I got from the blogging community as a result of visiting Wolfy's. Yesterday 151 people viewed the blog compared to a normal 70. I hope some of you will keep checking mine out. And yes, I made a Nashville Blogging section on my Sidekick so I can keep up with the Rex's, Catching the Dragon's Tail, Sister Smiff, Ethos, Busy Mom, Aunt B, Shauna, The Homeless Guy, and others. It was a nice evening.

Plans for the day include waiting for the air-conditioner man, studying my Sunday School Lesson --by the way any of you are welcome to attend the DSP class at Clearview Baptist Church that I teach at 9:30--and untangle the wires I got hung in a tree while changing my ham antenna. And maybe, just maybe, reading a few blogs.

6 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUNDAY SCHOOL......I learned much more than I taught. Interesting work...He gives much BUT it is ALL to be given away. 'Going therefore...'

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

Where was our friend the Christian Runner the other night?!??!

John Gardner at Clearview used to be my boss. Actually, he was my "upline" boss. Then he had the gall to retire.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAMUEL AND ELI.......As I taught five year olds, I would ask them if they wanted to tell the story that they has just heard. Worked quite well. One boy,really bright (An actor maybe now) told the story very well. BUT as Samuel keeps coming to wake Eli, Eli gets madder and madder. At the third awaking, you were sure someone was going to get smacked!!!!

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNTIE THE DONKEY..............In a Sunday school class, a little girl was telling the story of how Jesus told His disciples to go and untie the donkey...tell the man that the master has need of it. Her version over the objection of the man was hilarious. We might have had Jesus 'WALKING' into Jerusalem instead of riding on an ass as she told it. With great reluctance the man said a very weak 'ok.'

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLUE and KIDS.......No really big problems BUT they liked to squeeze the Elmer's glue like it was a sugar coating for a breakfast roll. If a little is good...a lot must be much, much better. God bless the ones who teach the kids...how else will the story be told again and again? "What I tell you in the dark, go tell it in the brightest light.'

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUGGESTION.........Why not ask a question concerning the Sunday School Lesson? Like, the subject is 'Christ weeps over Jerusalem'..Maybe readers could send some ideas related. This scene always makes me think of Christ weeping over our cities today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home