Monday, March 12, 2007

Richard Jeni

I deal with death as much as anyone but a death today really really upset me. the death of Richard Jeni. He was a comic and movie star.

Several years ago, shortly after my daughter had graduated from High School, we took her and a friend to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands for a week. One day we went to one of the fine beaches on the northwest side of St. Thomas. As I was swimming I began talking to one of the swimmers. It was Richard Jeni. He told me about his career, the places in New York City where he did his comic routines. We just had a friendly, nice conversation. Ever since I have kept up with his career.

It is sorta funny but a couple of weeks ago I had an odd thought, "Dan, you have never met a movie star." Odd-- Now I realize I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home