Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Thomas Merton - Memphis, TN

I am looking forward to Thursday. Getting up early to go to Memphis for the Thomas Merton Meeting. Be sure to introduce yourself to me if I do not know you.

One of our local priests died this weekend, Father Edward Arnold. For 31 years he served St. Philip's Catholic Church in Franklin, TN. One of our nurses took care of him during the last months of his life. She was a blessed angel during this time for him.

I took a choir that once sang to Father Arnold while he was in a nursing home. We sang A Mighty Fortress is our God, not realizing that Martin Luther wrote that during the reformation.

It is interesting to note that many bloggers are slowing down. Like all things there is a time for silence I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home