Monday, April 21, 2008

Bob Harper and Are You Ready

An interesting day. My wife threw me out of the house to have a hen
party so I needed to find something to do. First, I went to the
Nashville Film Festival and saw the movie Young at Heart about older
people singing rock and roll songs. "I feel good !" An enthusiastic
movie. Wow. This follows me seeing Mrs. Paltray at the Clairmont (2005),
about a woman in her 80's trying to live on her own, then I saw Separate
Tables (1958) which it was loosely based on.

After the movie I went to Davis Kidd to look at books. Hundreds of
people were there waiting to hear some speaker named, Bob Harper who had
written ARE YOU READY. I waited for his speech and discovered he was a
tv star, sometrhing called The Biggest Loser. Not a bad speech. The
audience was mostly younger people wanting to lose weight and be pretty.
Interesting. Then to Panera Bread for French Onion soup. How much
excitement can a person have in one day?

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT DAY............Good to change the pattern and worn out routines. We also have a Panera's near us...all their extra baked goods go, the next day, to local charities. Good reason to patronize them. Blessings. Don Brennan Warren MI

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan

You are a true partier! Sometimes things just happen and that is the joy.
Thanks for the tip on"Mystic Street". I enjoyed it very much and I will start on "The Way of the Dreamcatcher" as my early summer read.
Hi Don, we are in the same city.

Gerry P. Warren,MI

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerry P. .....Yea for Warrnen MI. See you at the library. Don Brennan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home