Thursday, May 07, 2009

Front porch

I use to sit on the front porch a lot. That was before pda's and 200 tv channels. There were only five houses then and i could see for miles. Now there are tens of dozens of houses and a limited vision.

Yes, 26 years changes us. Snoopy and angel and prissy are gone. Cuddles and Aiden are kings of the jungle. Now we have a grandchild not just a small child. The children have been replaced by other children playing different games.

The moon is full tonight. Always a tedious time for those of us with hospital employment.

My rosebush has bloomed. Mother's Day is on the horizon. My mother has been gone for 9 years. She use to make milkshakes for me every morning because i was so small and she thought i would starve. Now, I am overweight and like to eat the wrong things. How did i begin? Time changes us. Really?


1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Ron Phillips said...

I still have the urge to pick up the phone and call Mother to tell here things. I miss that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home