Friday, February 26, 2010

Thoughts to Conclude the Month of February 2010

During this month I picked up a book of Jewish prayers at McKay's book store. I paid $1.50 and they have been enlightening to me. The Jewish prayerbook is written backwards so it took a while to get use to. Anyway after spending considerable time at night reading these prayers I was struck by the similarities between them and the book of Psalms. Psalms seemed to come alive to me. Certain verses jumped out at me:

O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me (Ps 30:2) This is especially meaningful since I have had a month of tremendous sickness with myself.

The law of the Lord is more precious than gold, sweeter than honey. (Ps. 19)

God is present in the company of the righteous. (Ps. 14)

Other thoughts for the month:

"I think a man is known better by his questions than by his answers. (Thomas Merton)

When hurt by words try to still their presence in your heart. Pray for the person.

Tears are the framework for Spiritual Blessing. (Ps. 42:3)

When you get into someone's heart you can pray for them.

The hightest form of communion is not asking God for things for ourselves but letting Him flow down through us.

Selah

Dan

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying reading your blog. It has inspired me to write a journal as well. Your website about how to keep one has been very helpful to me. Thanks!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger ernie said...

Hi,

Nice post! Your content is very valuable to me and just make it as my reference. Keep blogging with new post!

Cheers,
caillou videos | caillou games | caillou party supplies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home