Monday, September 19, 2011

A Walk In the Park

A few days ago, while walking in Pinkerton Park, two miles from my home, I carried a small Bible in my back pocket. From time to time, I would open it and read from the Psalms. Then, a lady pasted me and said, "Reading from the Word?" Somewhat puzzled, I turned and said, "Yes, I like to read the Psalms while I walk."

AWESOME!" She said, as she wandered off.

What a message from God, "Awesome." Yes, God is Awesome.

The scripture I was reading was from Psalm 8. "Lord, O Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, or the son of man that you care for him."

Then rephrasing the Psalm, I thought, "Lord, oh Lord, how AWESOME is your name.

AWESOME: Freshly mowed grass, the smell of freshness in the air, a bench to sit on when tired, others walking the same path, a heated cup of coffee, the strength to move through the day praying and being thankful. AWESOME!

I recently received a gift, a book on Christian Mystics by Ursula King. She says that mystics have "an all-consuming love for both God and the world.....a spiritual wholeness and completion that reaches its goal in God."  What an awesome thought.

WHAT IS AWESOME IN YOUR LIFE TODAY?

MORE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home