Tuesday, September 14, 2004

BEGINNING AGAIN

It is difficult getting back in the grove. My sidekick tore up and will have to be repaired, which no doubt will slow things down a little. My regular computer got confused last night and no longer has images. Don't know how long it will take to get that straightened out. Yes, life can be frustrating, but at least I am not in the eye of the storm Ivan.

I had many good intentions spiritually while I was gone. I was going to finish Pagett's book and instead read only one chapter. I did read some Henry Nouwen, his last book before his death, and read a couple of chapters in Jeremiah. That is about it. Such good intentions. Such failure. Is that not how the spiritual life really is, a new challenge each day. That is why it is so important to take 2-3 days and "recollect" as the saints called it. At least one can get things spiritually in order if everything is focused on that.