Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Micah 6:8

Don Beisswenger's reflections on Micah 6:8 were meaningful to me. He translated the Mich 6:6 passage as saying, "What shall I bring to the Lord?" A good question for each of us. What shall we bring to the Lord? To often we think of money, or whatever, but bringing ourselves is the most difficult thing. "Here I am Lord," said Isaiah.

Another thought Don has was, "Let everything go." He said there comes a time in our lives when we must LET EVERYTHING GO. Of course that hits at our protestant ethic. You mean: (1) Not blog today? (2) Not mow the grass (3) You get the idea. A time to let everything go. Maybe we could practice that in small segments today.

"Dan, have you taken time today to "Let Everything Go?"

3 days left.

1 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger A Christian Bear said...

Wow, letting go is such a seemingly simple task and yet it is so hard. I am tempted to ask how.... I find that one of my favorite things to cling to is my sin. I know that God has made provision for them through the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ. I know that I have repented and wept sorrowful tears of apology to God and yet many times I find myself wanting to pick them up again.

Could it be that we really do not know the depths of God's love for us? I viewed "The Passion of Christ" recently and I was so overwhelmed. We talk about his death and celebrate his sacrifice but the utter depth of his love and willingness to die for me! The precious sacrifice and sorrow he experienced for me a miserable sinner! The fact that God wants to call me "Friend"!

I must let go, I can let go, because on the cross our blessed saviour said "it is finished!" and he let go of the entire worlds sin. He completed the sacrifice.... I am free. I dont need to let go, because Jesus has let go for me. I live in his release and his love.

If God be for us who can be against us, Jesus endured the cross despising the shame. He purchased his bride, pure and holy to present us to the father.

Thank you Jesus!

TJ in Texas, USA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home