Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Today's Contemplative Preacher

Among my favorite authors is Kathleen Norris and especially her book Cloister Walk. I was reading this as a devotion this morning from Cloister Walk.

One who has "eyes to the rear, to see whether they are being enticed back to the things they have abandoned, and eyes to the front, to see if they are, like the apostle, surpassing themselves in what lies ahead of them, namely spiritual things, and eyes to the left, to see that they do not lose heart when things are difficult, and eyes to the right, to see that they do not become proud when things are going well.

By Humbert of Romans

Back at the hospital. People going through tough times. It can be humbling at times. Pray for us all, Dear Lord!!

1 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger H.M. said...

Dan,
I share your love of Norris and the Cloister Walk. That book has been one of the most significant of my life, though I have yet to talk about it much on my blog yet. That may come though....
Peace to you brother; I enjoy reading your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home