Monday, April 11, 2005

LAS VEGAS, NEW MEXICO, and Harold Thatcher and Ms. Crabtree

Harold Thatcher and Ms. Crabtree, Las Vegas, N.M.

A note written while getting my eyes examined:

I love these emails it is related to an article I wrote about Las Vegas,New Mexico, called the The Outlaw and the Politician.

I wrote an article about a Ms. Crabtree, a woman with a wooden leg, noted by the Reverend Belvin as the smartest woman in the world. The following is recent fan mail from someone in Las Vegas, N.M.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I read your articles on Las Vegas with much interest. I am a native of Las Vegas and even though I have not lived there for many years it remains very close to my heart. By the way, Harold Thatcher's wife was my fifth grade teacher and Ms. Crabtree was my third grade teacher.  I recall being fascinated by her wooden leg.  My grandmother was born inLas Vegas in 1869 and she died in 1969, the year I graduated from high school. I often recall the wonderful stories she used to tell me about the outlaws in Las Vegas. One group you did not mentioned was the "Gavia de Silva" which translated means Silva's gang. She had a cousin which was a member of this gang until he got killed with a crow bar while trying to pull a solo robbery.  Thank you for your writings...

Julián Tim Gómez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home