Thursday, June 09, 2005

Merton Conference -Leaving Nashville

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has

a song" (from Pamela's calendar)



I am at the airport catching a flight to San Diego for Merton

conference. Looking forward to it.



I am carrying only one Merton book, A Thomas Merton Reader, edited by

Thomas P. McDonnell. I remember when I bought it. It was in 1982-3. I

was in Washington D.C. as a guest of GTE for the launch of a satellite

in French Gyuana. I was working for the Baptist Sunday School Board

engineering the satellite side of our new television network, Baptist

Telecommunication Network. It was one of the great experiences of my

life.



Check back often here. Trip is 4 hours long eating peanuts all the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home