Saturday, July 23, 2005

Christmas in July


Christmas in July
Originally uploaded by brotherdan44.
A nice lady sent me her collection of Thomas Merton books which she was unable to keep. What excitement!! In all 90 books of which I do not have 61 of them. What a tremendous blessing this has been. I have been thinking that with any gift we have been given is a responsibility. For me it means giving away the duplicates but also the responsibility of using these books to educate others about Merton. I am excited about the opportunity.

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
That is awesome! I would be like the proverbial "kid in a candy store," as I'm sure you must be.
Peace,

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Christy Amular said...

Blessings indeed!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Paul Fromont said...

Wow. That's enough to make "envy" raise it's ugly head [winking]. What an incredible story. Enjoy.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger + Alan said...

Yeah, I think "candy store" came to my mind as well. Amazing that she gave you those - very cool. Lots of wisdom laying on that floor. Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home