Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Time to Dance

"There is a time to mourn and a time to dance."

I hereby declare this to be a day of dancing, not mourning.

I will not listen to anything about death this day!!

I will dream of popcicles and bongo drums.

I will seek friendship in the joyous ones.

I will search for the nuns in the woods and carry happiness to the
hermits ---( funny isn't it when two ladies carry a bottle of wine to a
90 year old hermit: talk about the ultimate temptation ha)

I will search for the happy people on each floor of this place and ask
them what brought them joy

I will hug the prettiest women

I will pray with gusto, maybe even on my knees.

I will listen to jazz all day

I will buy ice cream

I will run, not walk

I will laugh with the ding-a-lings and tango with the wang-do's

I will eat at Las Palmas, even if I am alone (it would be nice of others
would go to. We could sing songs of joy together)

I will remember the good times

I will tell a good joke to someone

I will dream of life and rejoice in the moment.

Amen and Amen !!!

6 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, just reading this makes me feel better today and makes me wish I was there with you to party! :)

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog. I felt better reading it!

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, I love your prose poem. Made me feel happy, too.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger dwg said...

yes! somedays I'm a half-empty kinda of guy . . . i started my first cpe unit today. little nervous, but glad to get some practical education. i went to make a pastoral visit today in a nearby hospital. the lacy was in a great deal of pain. we prayed, I tenderly smiled and tryed to convey my deepest sympathy. too often i'm rushed. lots to do, pastor things, lists, agenda, family, stuff. i want to learn to slow down and simply and genuinely be there for people. I want to slow down and live and laugh. I want to slow down and love and play. i'm too damed-rushed . . . ahhh feeling better thanks for the listen . . . did't expect to comment this way. thaks for your blog and premium on life and joy.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

thanks, Dad, i need to be reminded to buy ice cream!!! so rigorous and serious at times. i also need to be reminded to breathe!

this morning i'm starting the day with Taize (thanks for the link to the Br Roger article... loved it!)

so today, I'm off to Weston Priory to celebrate Sunday's liturgy.

Peace!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Stanlicious, I have always wanted to go to Weston Priory. Thanks for the note.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home