Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Good Retreat Guide

Dear Br. Dan

I have just had a look at your Thomas Merton/Merton Retreats site, which I found very good. I am writing you as I am the author of The Good Retreat Guide,published by Random House and which is the best-selling guide to such places and has been going for 14 years now. Last year I started the development of the website of the guide, which is going okay, and which will gradually expand to become international- it now covers Britisn, Ireland, France and Italy. Please do take a look at it. www.thegoodretreatguide.com If you feel it would be helpful I would be happy to include reference and websites links to your site and the other Merton links. There is no charge but I would appreciate a link by you to the guide's site. If you feel this would be helpful, please let me know.

As to myself I am a monk of the Community of Hermits of Saint Bruno, which belongs to the Carthusian family. Each of us lives as a hermit but with a monastic community attachment, my own being one in England where I must spend several months a year in enclosed community life. I like Merton's writing, but find that his occasional articles, such as those in the Cistercian Studies Quarterly Review, the most helpful spiritually speaking as against his longer books. His journals and some of the letters with Leclercq and Lax have proven very valuable dans l'esprit de solitude.

Hoping to hear from you.

Yours in Christ,

Br. Luke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home