Thursday, July 03, 2008

Reflections for the week

I did not add reflections as recommended, but here I go. There have been highlights: notes from readers who read this blog, reading 1 Thes. (I am on chapter 2), and the near possibility(?) Of adding video to this blog. And thanks to my son-in-law for building my new computer.

And some moments have been tough. Sitting and reading the Psalms (23, 91, 46, and 121) to a young man whose Mom is dying (she died shortly thereafter). He was a humble young gentleman who was worrying that he only had one other suitable pair of pants to wear to his Mom's funeral. I couldn't sleep that night.



But I am thankful. As my friend WB says when you ask, "how are you?" He says, "I am blessed." Amen.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi,

I just stumbled upon a 2004 post of yours on Thomas Merton which rec'd about 40 responses. I enjoyed it and the commentary.

Best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home