Monday, July 07, 2008

Rev. William "Father Bill" Nolan

Father Bill was a dear friend. He helped me many times when I needed a priest to visit a sick catholic. We even preached a joint funeral once, at the request of a family, for a young baby. He was always, Father Gabriel to me from his monastic days.

He wanted me to take him to Gethsemani or Holy Spirit monastery but he was to weak. During one of his last illnesses when he was very weak I went to see him in the hospital. At the door I said, "Father Gabriel it is time to get up and do the Lord's work," to which he with a humouring smile said, "shut up." He was a dear friend who helped me a lot. I will miss him. (Full obituary is below)



http://www.legacy.com/Tennessean/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=112799550

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home