Monday, March 15, 2010

Thinking Aloud

As many of you know I have had problems with this blog. The last time I posted 30 messages were added without my permission. I know what the problem is but am not exactly sure how to fix it. It does not happen unless I post from my pocket computer which I love to do. So the discouragement from posting with it has kept me from blogging as much. I have tried something different so will see how that works.

I continue my facebook account at facebook.com/brodanphillips and my twitter account at twitter.com/monasticskete
So if anyone want to join those you are welcome.

I am always encouraged by comments and am thankful for them. Some interesting thoughts: I am leading a Thomas Merton Retreat in Montana in April. This will be only for Disciples of Christ pastors. I am really looking forward to it.

I am shifting through my time objectives. What is important at this stage of life? I am 66, thinking of retirement, but not wanting to become someone who spends all his time forwarding emails.

My thoughts toward contemplation have not changed. I believe in the value of silence and listening for the voice of God. The trip to Israel last October (you can check blog for Oct/Nov 2009 to view) has given me a new perspective on the country of Israel, particularly the Old Testament. I am still in awe when I speak of Qumran. What an interesting place and the discovery of the century.

I enjoy my grandson Jack. He is really a delight. Janet continues to be a source of strength. I have recently had some health problems. I could not walk for a while but that is better. However, the cortizone shots have caused my diabetes to reactivate strongly. Oh well !!

So, I will try to work on this blog more. Just pray that my new way of using my tiny computer will work. If it does I will be ok. With God's blessings. Bro. Dan

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Siddharth Bargate said...

HELPING YOURSELF WHILE HELPING OTHERS
In today's busy society.It can be hard to think about finding time to volunteer.However,the benefits of volunteering are enormous,both to you,your family and the community.The right match can help you find friends,reach out to the community,learn new skills and even advance your career.Volunteering can even help to protect your mental and physical health.
To Learn more about the benefits of volunteering and tips on finding the right place for you please type "Benefit of volunteering" in Window Search Box and then click search.
http://www.powerofvolunteering.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home