Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

With appreciation to Furman Bisher in Atlanta, Georgia.

Thanks for Furman Bishers yearly Thanksgiving column in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Thanksgiving for Janet and 43 years of marriage.

Thanks for grandson Jack yelling wake up Poppa.

Thanks for my ten years at Centennial Medical Center as chaplain and those who wish me well in retirement.

Thanks for wifi and internet radio, like Gospel grass radio and LBC in London.

Thanks for new keurig coffee maker.

Am thankful I have been to Israel.

I am thankful I can turn off the television when something disturbs me.

Thankful for a working lawnmower.

Thankful for daughter Melinda and that she is pregnant.

Thankful I am still able to walk and take out the garbage.

Am thankful my first book, Spiritual Journaling, is coming out next year.

Thankful for Cuddles and Aiden.

Thankful I saw Edward Hopper's Nighthawk art in Chicago.

Thankful for my friends at the Abbey of Gethsemani.

Thankful for my Sunday School Class.

Thankful Atlanta Braves are doing better.

Thankful for the liturgy of the hours.

Thankful Mike helps me with my computer.

Thankful my mother-in-law, Georgia Honeycutt, is doing well.

Thankful for my hobbies: ham radio, reading, writing, and love of sports.

Thankful for heat in winter and AC in summer.

Thankful for wonderful parents I had.

Thankful for my brother Ronald and my other precious relatives.

Thankful for kindle and droid.

Thankful for 67 years of life.

Thankful for so many many blessings that I can not possibly count. Blessings that only God can give.

What are your blessings? I would be glad for you to share with me.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Carl Fritts said...

And I am thankful we have reconnected.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Br. Dan - I am thankful that I found you on the internet. I'd like to talk to / with you on the IRLP Winsystem. I am WD6DUR - Monte Andress in Yucaipa, CA. Your material on meditation / the contemplative life is very valuable.
God bless and '73s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home