Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Birthday Sermon- Oct.5, 2011

BIRTHDAY SERMON
Thanks to all of you who helped make my birthday meaningful. There have been requests for the sermon outline of my first ever birthday sermon.

Four Things Every Christian Should Know:

You should remember your birth. (Babies are all beautiful and welcomed into our world. Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I Knew You. Before you were born I set you apart.” For me, I only weighed a little over 3 pounds and at that time my Mother dedicated me to the Lord because they were not sure I would live.

We should remember our re-birth. (John 3:16) –Recently I went to the home of Ralph Murray and went out to eat with he and his wife Jane. Ralph, when I was 9 years old and had just become a Christian, baptized me at the Smithwood Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN.

We should remember what God has done in our lives. (Joshua 2:4) I collect rocks that represent times that God has been present in my live. The book of Joshua says we are collect rocks in memory of what God has done in our lives. I then shared an experience where I accidently found the grave of Robert Frost and felt like God had led me to that place.

We should remember that God is still at work in our lives. (Roman 8:28) God wants to continue working in our lives daily if we are committed to him.

My our birthdays be reminders of thanksgiving and for another year of life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger nil said...

Joshua 4:2-3 not 2;4
thank for the message

 

Post a Comment

<< Home