Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Chair in the Meditation Garden

I have not slept well lately, mostly turning over and over and moving from room to room, one sofa or bed after another.

I can't totally pinpoint the reason. Maybe because workload has been horrific, or the preparation for the Tres Dias weekend, or the election (glad its over), or illness in the family. A sense of total dis-ease.

To try to counteract the feeling, I have changed my screen saver and added a chair to my computer screen. Everytime I turn on the computer I see this chair from the Abbey of Gethsemani.

The chair sits in the meditation garden. It is firm, not fancy or comfortable. But everytime I see it I think of meditation and the Lord. That is of comfort to me. What do you look at for spiritual comfort?

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you look at for spiritual comfort? -- The dew on a grass (which is on my desktop) brings me comfort. + Jason in Mississippi.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Christy Amular said...

A cup of tea would bring me comfort. :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger + Alan said...

I have a couple of icons over my desk, and also a crucifix. Funny, I have a photo of that chair's twin brother that sits up on the hill next to the statue of St. Joseph. I took it in 1994, black and white. I love it. I've had it as my desktop many times. I'll post it on my blog again so you can see it Dan. Great Peace and Grace be with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home