Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thomas Merton Quote and Updated Photographs for Abbey of Gethsemani

"I do not have clear answers to current questions. I do have questions, and, as a matter of fact, I think a man is known better by his questions than by his answers. To make known one's questions is, no doubt, to come out in the open oneself. I am not in the market for the ready-made and wholesale answers so easily volunteered by the public and I question nothing so much as the viability of public and popular answers, including some of those which claim to be most progressive."

(Introduction to Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander)

UPDATED PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE ABBEY OF GETHSEMANI

I have added some new photographs to the Abbey Photo site, including a picture of Merton's Grave, and a series of photographs by Wayne Burns and Lily Lewin. Please check out Abbeyphoto.html

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Lovin'that Merton dude!!! What more needs to be said? (Gary Manders)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home