Friday, March 04, 2005

Finishing the Week

"Where is the spiritual side of the blog," some ask. It is certainly a good question not easily answered. Like the last couple of days, I have had a sore throat and cold. I am weak. I feel like doing nothing. Maybe trying to sleep is about it.

I don't feel very spiritual. I am not interested in reading the Bible or anything else. About the best I can do is say the Jesus Prayer. "Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me a
sinner."

Maybe that is the best we can do sometimes, just a simple prayer. So I finish the week sick, spiritually going downhill. Just a prayer is left. "Lord have mercy." Selah

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger + Alan said...

Aaahh, but we are spiritual beings even when we don't feel very "spiritual" aren't we. Our life essence is all entangled with that of God's even when we are week and sick and not writing about something which is apparent as being spiritual. Peace and health be with you Dan.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your simply prayer has a prfound history and theology attached to it ...you just prayed a hundred sermons. Dan, I hope you're feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home