Monday, July 17, 2006

Blogging and the reading of blogs

I have been reading lots of blogs recently, partly spurred on by Randy Elrod's book list which included Hugh Hewitts book on blogs. This has led me to the likes of Glenn Reynolds' Instapundit, Mark D. Roberts, plus the Nashville bloggers, Busy Mom , Rex Hammock, and numerous other first time looks. You can check it out by looking at the Bloggers I like on the right side of the page. They have all been updated!

I have got a long way to go. I don't read many blogs usually. Maybe Alan Creech and Bryan Sherwood and that is about it. Not a very balanced list I know. Mostly contemplatives like myself. That is Christians bordering on the emergent church, hungover with a biased protestant background, mixed with a touch of liturgical wonder.

And yes, I am still interested in travel, having just read for the first time Chocolate and Zucchini, a first rate eating and travel digest, and making me want to travel, or perhaps I should just update my Web Surfer Travel Journal. And yes, my Literary Excursion Across America is still a full book on the web.

So there is plenty to do. The heat will be unbearable this week. Not showers until the weekend. So what do the bloggers have to say? What are you doing during the heatwave?

4 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Busy Mom said...

First, I'm getting the AC in the Busy Van fixed!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Dan Phillips said...

This is sure the time when you need an air-conditioner !! Good luck !

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger + Alan said...

Oh, I think I'm very balanced. You could actually probably read only my blog and get everything you need, seriously. :) Peace to you Dan.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Dan:

I know very little about the emergent church but I have been hearing quite a bit about it mentioned on other blogs. Would you consider doing a future blog posting explainging what the emergent church is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home