Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bad wreck near Columbia TN

At 6:15 pm 3 miles north of the Columbia, TN something bad happened on I-65 going North. We have not moved in 1 hour and 15 minutes. From our direction I have seen 7 police cars, 3 ambulances, and 2 wreckers pass me. From the sky I have seen 4 helecopters, one huge, land to pick up the critical ones and fly them to hospitals. It is a scarey moment. I am only a half mile from the accident. Interstate traffic is stopped in both directions. What if I had been one minute earlier? Something to think about.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents just came up from Birmingham to Nashville on I65 and arrived a little before 5 pm tonight. Could have been them. ARGH!! How temporal these bodies are.
wc

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw it probably 5 minutes after it happened on my way home going South. The man was still laying on the road waiting for the helicopter. It was right after Exit 37.

I hope he lived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home