Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thoughts

Some days our energy wanes. I go home and take a nap, sometimes because of emotional exhaustion.

I have been having eye problems. My left eye is cloudy with a large floater dancing around.

Most people have little time for us. They are attached to a clock that
chains them to every minute.

The Merton Retreat is in Milford, Ohio, this weekend. Last call!

I can not watch Atlanta Braves pitcher Mark Redman pitch. It is so agonizing.

Our heroes are often suspect.

We need witnesses for the witness and witnesses for the witnesses.

From Merton's CHANT TO BE USED IN PROCESSIONS AROUND A SITE WITH FURNACES, "Do not think yourself better because you burn up friends and enemies with long-range missiles without ever seeing what you have done."

Sometimes I have difficulty hearing what God is saying.

I miss the 3 am bells ringing at Gethsemani.

Why do we wait to rest until exhaustion takes place.

The wind trembles softly outside. The cat has ventured to his favorite bed: the bathtub. The dog is asleep after a haircut from Miss Anne.

"Our simple rooms are charmed with Sun." (Merton)

I miss Howard Cosell and Dizzy Dean.

It is dark in Paris.

Peace can never begin with war.

It is not easy to take time to pray.

I put noise-cancelling headphones on when I don't like a tv program.

I use a 1984 Larry Biittner baseball card as a book marker.

Melinda Doolittle is magical.

What are your thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger + Alan said...

I miss fishing and I shouldn't have to miss that.

People have no real knowledge or appreciation for what Graphic Designers do.

I have no idea what "being in shape" feels like.

I'm fairly lazy.

Fried chicken is a great and wonderful thing.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Mrs. Ris said...

My daughter, a freshman Hokie, fitfully asleep next to me, is so loving, and so loved....

I am stronger than I thought I was.

The collective positive energy of this nation is an awesome thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home