Monday, May 14, 2007

Fantastic Supper

It was the best meal so far and one of the cheapest. A delicacy of
anchovies and peppironi with garlic toast and chocolate cake with ice
cream. Filling (see picture).

We became concerned over Paddington Bear. Janet said he lived in
Victoria Station and I said Paddington Station. After an internet seach
we found him living at Paddington Station.

You ask about my eyes. They are tired. Somewhere on the journey I lost
my artifial teardrops. I have tried several drug stores and each one
just sold them out. Other eye drops have warnings about eye surgery
which I think I had recently to repair the torn retina.

British druggists all tend to be from India. At Books Etc. nextdoor to
our restaurant I noted that there was not a religious section. There was
a Mind, Soul, and Body section with new age stuff but no C.S. Lewis or
evangelical Christians.

I found 2 interesting books: Jewish Journeys and Waiting for Snow in
Havana. There were many travel writers I was unfamiliar with.

The sun came out at 6:43 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home