Monday, August 13, 2007

Contortions

When I am sick, like now with a horrible cold, I resort to old
linguistic remedies for solace. Like looking up Henry Miller or William
Everson on wikipedia. This is turn leads to Charles Bernstein, a new
Language of Poetry, and new ways of energizing the nose driven head.

Yes, I did write poetry. Some was even published in the 70s. And Henry
Miller I first really heard of in Greece. A bus driver read from his
Collous of Mariousa and I was hooked. I even went to his memorial museum
last year when I was traveling the Big Sur Trail.

And Everson. Brother Antonious, was well hidden until I found him again
on Yahoo. The only poems I had read was a book loaned to me by Brother
Paul Quenton at the Abbey of Gethseami during a retreat.

And I never heard of Charles Bernstein until tonight, and no he is not
kin to the Beranstine Bears.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dan ...sorry to hear that cold came your way. We are in Fl..grayton beach and it is only hot here...no cold...but having a good time. Sending this on new laptop...trying to learn to use it...so maybe you will get this ...it is always good to rest with cold...and reading is not resting....resting is silence/solitude with a good RC and letting nature take over....so have it ...wayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home