Thursday, August 30, 2007

To You, the Reader of this Blog

I guess I am getting to sentimental but FORGIVE ME. Today I am preaching on "That Special Place." It relates to a small room a woman made for a preacher to stay in. She was a woman of "great hospitality" who knew that the man of God had needs that she could help with.

She told her husband, "Let's make a small room on the roof and put in it a bed and a table, a chair and a lamp for him (a holy man of God). Then he can stay there whenever he comes to us." (2 Kings 4:8)

She recognized needs in his life. He needed a place to get in touch with God. He needed a place to share his burdens. He needed a place to pray and be given a warm meal. He needed a place to struggle and a place to listen to God. She was a special person who made a difference in his life.

The reason you are getting this is that you (my readers) have made a difference in my life. When I have needed humour you have provided it. When I get worn out by the deaths and sadness I have come to you because you are someone who understands and provides a safe place to share. You have been a part of my life that has helped me tremendously in ways you will never know and I just want to say, "THANK YOU FOR THE SMALL ROOM."

Brother Dan

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Dan: A friend's father used to say "When a friend comes to us, CHRIST comes to us.' Thank you for coming to visit us. How nice to have you. God bless.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humor for the Preacher...........There was a preacher who used to say a daily prayer that went like this: "God, when I get up to speak...Give me really good stuff...And when I have said it...Say 'That's ENOUGH!" "

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On death and sadness....It is hard for a person to be on call everyday to console the dying and the grieving family. The giving of one's heart away each day must be so pleasing to God. Compassion is a specialty of His, you already know. He will support you in all that you do in His name. In eternity, you will see how many souls were so greatly helped by your fervent caring. God be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home