Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wednesday Morning

Two more work days until retirement. I sleep an hour and a half later. I am eating buttered toast with Grandma Honey's homemade grape jelly and drinking a cup of coffee. It is raining outside and I am watching the squirrels and the cardinals fight over the bird seed.I have put up a baffle to keep the squirrels from eating all the food, but I spilled some and the squirrels are happy again.

What does one do with a day with nothing planned? I am working on a routine. For starters I will put the dishes up then go and do my Bible Studying. We start a new lesson series on Sunday, in 1 Kings. The introduction is always the most important part to begin.

Cuddles (doggie) is cuddled up in the corner. He is napping this early. I am sure he will enjoy the companionship, not being alone each day.The winter of life is a new experience. A day's journey is different, more un-planned, not as to-do orientated, less bells and whistles.My bucket lists grows shorter. I lack only one state, North Dakota. Maybe in the spring I can go up there, but not in winter I am told.

Today I am working on the third proof pages of Spiritual Journaling. I am excited about my book being published, hopefully in the early part of the new year. I guess if anyone asks, "what do you do for a living," I can say I am a writer.

The journey begins. Blessings from Bro. Dan


1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In monastic life, it is not necessary to always "do something." Work on doing nothing! And, maybe you could one day teach others to "do nothing."

What is retirement? I seek to omit that word...I see to many negatives in it from others...

Whatever you do...just remember that doing nothing is doing something! Now You Know...good and happy day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home