Friday, September 24, 2004

Dealing With Disappointment

Well, I did not get one of the new Sidekick2 phones/computer. Although the web site said I would get one, when they called it was an inconvenient time. They said they would call me back. They didn't! None are left. The result is that what would have been a $199 deal is now $374. I was very disappointed!

How do you deal with disappointment? You are looking forward to getting a new job and they give it to someone else. There is sudden sickness, people die without warning, a relationship is broken. You get the idea. How do you deal with disappointment? I tend to get discouraged, but in the Bible the Apostle Paul, while in prison, says, "Now, I want you to know that what has happened has advanced the gospel." And in spite of ever seeming failure he says, "I press toward the mark of the high calling of Christ Jesus."

So Dan, do not grow weary in disappointment, press toward the mark!!

1 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Christy Amular said...

I don't have great expectations so I don't have great disappointments. Expectations and disapppointments are proportional. But I love it when people surpass themselves !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home