Thursday, September 16, 2004

DEATH OF DR. ERIC DYER

My good friend, Dr. Eric Dyer, passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack. It has really been a shock. We had many similarities. We were both poets, loved to out do each other by finding unusual obituaries, and I especially appreciated his creativity. He was writing a book about Dr. Jerry Brittingham, a Vanderbilt professor and Doctor who had meant much to him. He would share much of the research he had done on Dr. Brittingham with me. Dr. Dyer once asked me if I would be willing to preach his funeral. I told him I would. It will be tough for me. I will miss him greatly.

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger nile said...

Dan, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend... my condolences, to you...

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Christy Amular said...

My condolences, Dan.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger + Alan said...

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, Dan. Peace and Grace to you and to his family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home