Sunday, September 16, 2007

Grand Rivers, KY

We have spent 2 beautiful nights in a cabin on a lake a mile from Grand
Rivers. We ate at Patti's (my favorite restaurant of all times), slept
and didn't sleep, watched ballgames (all of our teams lost) and just
relaxed. This is the view from our deck. We are staying at the
Lighthouse Resort. Really Nice.

I saw my first woodpecker in years, watched the sailboats pass, and
enjoyed the beginning of fall weather. Study 1st thessalonians and read
a few Psalms, especially Ps. 63 for Sunday Morning.

Land between the lakes is a beautiful area of the country. The rest has
been muched needed.

Where do you go and rest?

5 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where to go and rest.... Due to age and infirmities, we are very limited in our travel. There is one special place though...an old Church in Detroit...built in 1853...huge twin towered Romanesque, old St Mary's. There is Mass at 12:15 during the week. We enjoy the rest and peace in that special worship space. You enter a place blessed by the devotion of all those people in all those years and share in their prayer and faith.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find staying and resting better than going and resting...but good Buddy you like to go...glad you had a good time. I remember that eating place....happy going...wayne

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gmbell7@hotmail.com

Just found the site, Dan. Greetings from England. I live very near to the Secretary of the British TM Society but have yet to meet him. I've rad only 3 TM books. Zen...Birds, and just finished Elected Silence. Mind-blowing. That and some Meister Eckart, too. I'm at a spiritual cross-roads. I know I must wait; the feeling is new; yet, the calm makes it seem familiar...like some gift. It is. Love to meet more TM fans - esp here in the UK if possible. I have so so many images and thoughts that I, well, NEED to explore and share. Best of wishes. Graham Bell PS please circulate my address; I'd love to start chatting. G

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan: So glad you and your wife had such a beautiful spot to vacation. Psalm 102:2 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all He hath done for you."

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Patti's Restaurant, Lighthouse Landing Resort and Grand Rivers. I also relax in Grand Rivers and love to hear stories of others who appreciate our uncomplicated way of life. I am lucky to call Grand Rivers my home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home