Friday, September 14, 2007

Jim Forest

Jim Forest is a friend of mine and a man of great spiritual maturity. He spoke at the International Thomas Merton Society Meeting in Memphis this year, an astounding speech that touched me greatly.

In October 2007 Jim is suppose to have a kidney transplant from his wife Nancy. It is an important time in their lives and I hope you will covenant with me to pray for them during this time.

Jim wrote an excellent essay related to his kidney disease. Titled, "A Pilgrimage in Illness," it is well worth reading.. Keep Jim in your prayers.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim and Nancy.......The Lord bless thee and keep thee...watch over thee and give thee blessings of good health. Amen.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jim and Nancy Forest said...

I'm not sure how mature I am, though at age 65 an ounce or two of wisdom would not be out of place.

The lecture I gave at the Merton conference is on line at:

http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/jimsessays/mertons-advice/

We now have a date for the kidney operation: October 31. Prayers appreciated.

Jim Forest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home